Friday, June 22, 2012

On My Easel - Ode to trees



This is what I am working on right now.  A "happy accident" painting.  It's acrylic with drops of Sepia ink.  It started off as small dots that resembled the speckled effect in the under feathers of a birds tummy.  It was to be a bird themed painting, or so I thought but... it had its own ideas.  I work in a small studio (very small) and at the end of the evenings painting session I had to stand the canvas  up.   I thought this would be fine, it was dry, right?  When I woke up the ink had slowly run down the canvas and viola happy accident, they were trees.  With the theme changed I decided to add pages from an old discarded book which became the ground which the big Mama tree grows in.
Click on the images to see them close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment